General trademark guidelines
GENERAL TRADEMARK GUIDELINES
You may use platformOS trademarks (but not logos or taglines) to identify platformOS products, services, and programs on packaging, promotional, and advertising materials, provided you meet the following guidelines:
- You may not include any platformOS trademark in your company name, product or service name, or domain name.
- You may not include any platformOS trademark in your social media account name, page(s) or community, without written authorization from platformOS, except to describe the purpose by referring to the platformOS product (“Forum for platformOS Users,” for example).
- You may not include any platformOS logo, whole or in part, in your company logo, your product logo, your app launch tile image, in your software product or service or in your social media account, page(s) or community images without a prior written license from platformOS.
- You should use the word “platformOS” (case sensitive) trademark the first time it appears in a publication, after which the word “pOS” can be used.
- Your product name may not be confusingly similar to any platformOS trademark.
- You may not use any platformOS trademark on or in connection with any obscene or pornographic materials, and your use of any platformOS trademark may not be disparaging, defamatory, or libelous to platformOS, any of its products, or any person or entity.
- You may not use platformOS trademarks in any manner that directly or indirectly expresses or implies platformOS sponsorship, affiliation, certification, approval, or endorsement in relation to your product or service or in such a manner that it appears that platformOS is legally associated with your company.
- You may not use any platformOS trademark, including web logos or any other platformOS logo trademark, on or in connection with a website that provides download links for a fee (whether directly or indirectly via a subscription model or the like) for any platformOS product or service, without the express written permission of platformOS.
- A platformOS trademark may not be the most prominent visual element on packaging, a download page, app store marketing, or other marketing materials for your product or service. Your company name or logo, your product or service name, and your graphic identity should be significantly larger than any platformOS trademark.
- If you refer to a platformOS product / module, you should use the full name of the product/module in the first and most prominent reference.
- You may shorten the “platformOS” trademark to “pOS” only after using the long form work “platformOS” for the very first mention.
- You should follow the basic rules for proper trademark use.
- platformOS is a registered trademark of platformOS in the United States and/or other countries.
- Your use of platformOS trademarks must otherwise comply with the guidelines for third parties who use platformOS’s trademarks.
Third-party developers of modules and other extensions for or integrations to platformOS products may need to comply with additional guidelines. All other requests require written permission. If other permission is required, either complete the online form or send an email to email@example.com. Allow two weeks for your request to be processed.
LIST OF platformOS TRADEMARKS
For your reference, here is a list of platformOS trademarks:
LIST OF LOGOS
Unless you are licensed by platformOS under a specific licensing program agreement or equivalent authorization, use of platformOS logos, such as the platformOS corporate logo, is not allowed. A list of logos and icons are listed below:
USE OF platformOS TRADEMARKS IN TITLES OF PUBLICATIONS, CONFERENCES, AND SEMINARS
platformOS trademarks may be used in the titles of publications, conferences and seminars that provide in-depth training on platformOS products or technology beyond that available from platformOS product tutorials, training and reference material. Publishers of such publications and hosts of such conferences or seminars do not need to obtain further permission from platformOS if the use of platformOS trademarks complies with all of the following requirements:
- The subject of the publication, conference or seminar should be the specific platformOS product, service or technology to which the title refers.
- The platformOS trademarks may not appear larger or more prominent than the rest of the full publication, conference or seminar title, and your name or logo should be displayed more prominently on the cover of the publication and in all materials related to the conference or seminar.
- The platformOS trademarks may not be used in the stylized form used by platformOS, and no platformOS logos, taglines, or platformOS product imagery may be used on your publication’s cover or your publication, conference or seminar’s website, advertising, or promotional material, without express written permission from platformOS.
- You may not use a platformOS trademark in the domain name of your publication, conference or seminar website without a written license or equivalent authorization from platformOS.
- You may shorten the “platformOS” trademark to “pOS” only after using the long form work “platformOS” for the very first mention
- You must include a conspicuous disclaimer, preferably on the front or back cover of your publication, but at a minimum, it must appear on the copyright page of the publication, or on the website of your conference or seminar, and state in all capital letters: THIS PRODUCT [or TITLE OF PUBLICATION, CONFERENCE or SEMINAR] IS NOT AUTHORIZED, ENDORSED OR SPONSORED BY platformOS, PUBLISHER OF [INSERT platformOS MODULE PRODUCT NAME(S)].
- You must otherwise comply with the guidelines for third parties who use platformOS's trademarks; and
- There should be nothing else in the use of platformOS trademarks or in the circumstances that would lead consumers to believe there is an association with, or endorsement by, platformOS that does not exist, and the platformOS trademarks should be used only to refer to the platformOS products that are the subject of the publication, conference or seminar.
GUIDELINES FOR THIRD-PARTY DEVELOPERS OF platformOS MODULES AND INTEGRATIONS
If you are a developer of a module or integration for a platformOS product, you may use platformOS trademarks in a referential manner on websites, promotional, and advertising materials to give notice that your product is compatible with platformOS technology, provided you meet the following guidelines:
- You may not incorporate or include any platformOS trademark in your company name, trade name, product name, domain name, or name of your service.
- You may not include any platformOS trademark or platformOS logo, product icon design, or product imagery, in whole or in part, in your company logo, your product logo, your app launch icon or launcher tile image or otherwise in your software product or service without a prior written license or equivalent authorization from platformOS.
- Your product or service name may not be confusingly similar to any platformOS trademark.
- If you state that your product is “powered by” platformOS, the product must in fact be compatible with that platformOS service and otherwise work with that platformOS service as intended and described in the documentation of your product.
- Any notice that your product is developed with or using platformOS must be made in a referential manner such as “powered by,” “built on” or “developed with” or similar. You must comply with the general trademark guidelines noted above and the guidelines for any third parties who use platformOS’s trademarks, as approved by platformOS.