Kiwido success story
The gig economy continues to grow and grow. Connecting digital freelancers, influencers, tradespeople, and more
Like many telecommunication companies, under the threat of future free phone calls and free internet service providers (like Starlink), it takes ‘out-of-the-box’ thinking and new business models to leverage and keep their existing customer base.
Spark Digital in New Zealand, like other mobile telcos around the globe, are feeling market share + revenue pressures from both traditional and next generation competitors (eg. low orbit satellite comms providers).
In looking at horizon 2/3, one Spark initiative was to leverage their existing database of consumers and businesses by creating an intuitive services marketplace kiwido.co.nz, similar to Thumbtack/TaskRabbit/AirTasker, with the now realized ambition to dominate this niche in New Zealand.
- 22 service categories, each with bespoke workflows
- Automated service provider matching algorithms
- Realtime text notification to both Seeker and Service Provider
- Ratings and reviews
- Easy Service Provider on-boarding
- Automated matching algorithm
- Fee per lead, plus fee per won bid
- Per category attributing/user experience
- Inapp Messaging